You are a spiritual person, in touch with the loving force within you that resides in your body but is not of this world. It is a powerful force that you know cannot be destroyed. When you are in spirit, all is well. You feel peaceful and happy. You have a sense that the world is taking care of you.
But it is easy to fall out of spirit. It’s easy to forget that at any given moment, we have access to the most powerful force in the universe. Modern-day society does nothing to reinforce our powerful nature. It’s a world of the body, where one minute we are told not to satisfy carnal pleasures, and the next minute we are tempted to indulge with abandon.
The Two Sides of Weight Control
Nowhere is the shallow nature of society more apparent than when it comes to weight control. The majority of people now struggle with concerns about the size of their bodies. The media is flooded with diets promising fast weight loss. From living on juice to eating like cavemen, we are expected to control what we eat with our minds. At the same time, high-calorie food is advertised and available everywhere. The junk food industry makes billions and billions of dollars. As a result, ninety-five percent of people that lose weight on a diet gain it all back.
A lot has been written about how diets don’t work. Actually, diets do work. But only temporarily, and they usually end with people weighing more than they did before they started the diet.
Do you feel like an angel when you eat in a healthy and controlled fashion, and the devil when you gravitate to high-calorie food in an out-of-control way? A lot of people do. This is how the world of the flesh teaches us to feel. The truth is, you are an angel all of the time. The way that you eat has nothing to do with your inner light, your radiant love. However, you deserve to eat in a way that supports your spirit—that is in tune with your highest self.
Spiritual Support for Lasting Results
Shut out the world that tries to tell you that you are weak, and keep your spirit first and foremost in your mind. Call on the infinite and eternal to help you through the temporary earthly struggles. Imagine wings lifting you high, and know that they have the power to fly over any temptations. Imagine your heart, pure light and love. Fill yourself up with your spiritual nature. In the face of such awesome power, you will find that you can take actions that support your highest good.
Three Pillars of Healthy Eating
These actions include the three pillars of healthy eating.
1) Variety: eating lots of different fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein sources.
2) Moderation: trusting your body to tell you when you are hungry and full.
3) Balance: Eating fewer calories than you burn throughout the day (this means you will lose weight).
An Invitation to a Loving Approach
If you have found the Spiritual Weight Loss category of articles I know that you don’t need another diet. You need a gentler, more loving approach that can work in the long run. You need spiritual weight loss!
You are invited to join me on your weight loss journey where you will learn to overcome cravings, find motivation, eat just enough of the right stuff, and learn to love not only your spirit and mind but your body as well? I hope you will. I suffered from food cravings for a long time.
Now my spiritual purpose is to help you reach your weight loss goals and allow nothing in life to hold you back from all that you are meant to be.
1. How Losing Weight Supports Your Highest Purpose
2. How to Use Your Hunger and Fullness Cues (Your Own Inner Wisdom)
3. How to Eat Less at Meals
4. Moving Your Body as a Spiritual Practice Isn’t Exercise, It’s Fun!
5. How to Slow Down and Eat with Gusto
6. How to Enjoy Healthy Foods and Liven Your Spirit
7. Why Fattening Foods are Encouraged and All Foods are Allowed
8. Why You Must Not Compare Yourself to Others
9. Why You Ought to Focus on Everything You Like About Yourself
10. How to Fill Up Your Life so that Food Won’t Fill the Feelings of Lack
11. How to Challenge Your Past Failures and Perceived Limitations
12. Following Through on Your Word to Yourself
13. How Helping Someone Else Keeps You on Track
14. Peaceful Planning and Food Preparation as a Spiritual Practice
15. Becoming Aware of Your Thoughts About Eating and Weight Control
16. How Your Thoughts Either Support or Sabotage You
17. You Can Achieve Balance in Your Life and In Eating
18. Finding Pleasures Beyond Food
Holly Alastra is a registered dietitian and licensed mental health counselor who has helped thousands of people lose weight over the past 20 years. She wishes you peace and joy with your body, the magnificent vessel of your spirit.