Since I last shared, we have experienced the power of creation both externally and internally. As we witnessed the physical new life coming forth from Mother Earth during the springtime we will also participate in the Easter rituals of our inner resurrection.
Like Mother Earth, we too instinctually rise to our own sense of limitation and embrace the power of inner growth upward to express personal passions, desires and aspirations.
See how naturally in alignment we are with our outer world. Your spaces are the venue for Creation. It is no coincidence that we ritualistically participate in spring cleaning activities: to let go of the broken, worn out, no longer needed things ; polish, repair or replace our possessions and prepare our spaces for a new feeling and expression of ourselves.
These physical acts are very powerful and are not limited to just the physical realm. They are an expression and symbolic act of the inner need to change, evolve, uplift and move our spiritual selves into desired higher experiences. What we do at the physical level is always affecting us at the powerful inner or spirit level. Outer life is never separate from our inner life. Your outer spaces are the template or canvas for your life.
What you surround yourself with, you become is a very important truth we need to look at. That is the intention for this article!: To inspire you to look at your surroundings and create consciously.
Asking and Active Listening
As we have now entered this natural phase of Creation, you need to become conscious of what you desire to create in your spaces. It is of great value to take the time to look at your space and see what you have surrounded yourself with and begin to ask truthfully what these things mean. Asking is a very powerful act but needs to be followed by listening – an art that humankind has not nurtured to the extent needed.
I suggest you take time to meditate on this process beforehand and ask to have the courage to be open to the truthful expression of who you are and be honest about who you choose to become.
The Universal Law that aligns with this process is the Law of Attraction. This law works through the power of the mind, heart and will. When we focus our attention on something with feeling, we draw it to us like a magnet. I have learned that one of the keys to Creation is when our thoughts are clothed with our emotions, we attract that situation or thing into our lives.
Until we can look at who we are and look at the experiences that happen to us, it will be difficult to make changes. What is fun though, is that we can work from the outside in and affect our life.
A Starting Point
It is a good idea to start in the rooms that bother you the most or the rooms you are in the most to begin this process of Creating. Entrances, kitchens, living rooms and family rooms are good places to begin. It is important also to take a look at bedrooms and make this place especially a restful, private noncluttered space.
As you look around your space, here are some questions to ask that will help you begin:
- Is my space looking worn down?
- Does it need a fresh coat of paint, a carpet cleaning, do walls need washing, cupboards cleaned?
- Is there a lot of clutter and disorganization?
- Do I have things that no longer have meaning to me?
- Is there a lot of unfinished work in my home? (painting not complete, baseboards not put on from past changes, rooms not done?)
- When looking at pictures in your space observe what they are about – people, places, things, nature?
- What photographs are displayed in your space or what pictures of people are missing from your space? Are you personally in any pictures? If no, why not?
- Why do I have specific pieces of furniture? What purpose does it serve? Do I love it? Did I appreciate the person from whom it came?
- It is important to know if someone owned something before you, their energy is in the thing and their behaviors etc. become part of your own. Did you like their character?
(why do you think people want things from famous people) Look how we want to be around famous people – we desire a piece of their energy.
- Is the object for show or interior decorating purposes only? Did you pick it out or did someone else?
- What colors dominate your pictures? Are they uplifting colors, bold colors, pastels, or grays?
- What materials are used in your space? Are they natural or synthetic? ( natural products have a higher vibration than synthetic products)
- What are your collections about? What do they represent? What issues do you need to address as you look at these collections?
- Are there handmade objects or manufactured objects _ is there a balance?
- What shapes dominate your space? Is there a mix of oval, round, square and triangular or pyramidal shapes?
- What am I ready to let go of? What brings me old memories I desire to release? What stops me from letting go of something?
Do you see any patterns revealing itself to you as you go through this process?
All About Clutter
I will speak to you about clutter for a bit. Clearing clutter was such a powerful experience for me that it changed my life. I was strict with my clearing and did it very purposefully although I was not aware of it at the time. At a subconscious level I was ready to let go and make big changes in my life. Clutter is about fear.
Our fears are powerful catalysts in showing us what we need to change if we have the courage to face them. Fear is not to be in our world. It truly is the distortion of life. The belief that life is hard, cruel and for the survival of the fittest makes us victims of the very thing we fear. You see we have a long history of focusing our attention on our problems and what we fear. This very thing creates the fears to become manifest, we experience them and we say, see, “I told you this was something to be afraid of.” In reality that is not how it works.
Understanding the laws of energy will help us in understanding this better. Your conscious and subconscious fears are expressed in spaces as clutter – we become obsessive with stuff and surround ourselves with stuff as a safety net, as protection and yet the stuff is not helping us like we think it is.
Our need to hang on to things and keep gathering things illustrates our fear of the future and remember, what you resist, persists, only to create blocks in our evolution. Trusting life and the process of life is very important to our healing at all levels. Trust means you can let go.
External Space Reflects Our Inner Being
Through this work people share interesting experiences with me and light bulbs go on as clients see the connections between their spaces and their inner being.
Do you know that many incest survivors protect themselves with stuff and need to move frequently in their lives, and have to keep changing what they own – they are never at Peace with anything. This behavior is symptomatic of a piece/Peace of their inner being taken from them.
It will only be the act of calling themselves back from this experience that will assist in making them whole again – rearranging, moving and releasing is just the physical actions of trying to purge a deep wound within. You can never walk away from something only walk through it (what you resist persists).
I come across many people who lived through the Great Depression and continue to live like it is going to happen again. Its upsetting if we all thought like this and worry that it will happen again – because what we give our attention to becomes real.
These same people also need to keep everything which is often a symptom of fearing the future. Karen Kingston in her book, “Clearing Clutter with Feng Shui” discusses the many facets of clutter and I highly recommend this book for a greater understanding of the connection between our spaces and our life experiences. As I continue to work with people in their spaces I see many of her examples lived out in our daily lives.
Tips for Spring Cleaning
Spring cleaning is really a metaphor for our own inner cleaning and our innate desire to Create. The power of Creating is our purpose on this earth. Make this spring your season to do something absolutely different in your space.
Don’t make the whole house your project unless you are ready, but pick one room or one area in your home and create a totally new look. This will affect you in ways you cannot imagine.
As you create this space, do it with a purposeful intent. Have a plan and say this is what this newly decorated space is about, this is what it means to me and then place things there that represent what you desire.
Letting Go of the Old Makes Room for the New
- What old thoughts and beliefs are you ready to let go of?
- What behaviors and habits are you ready to look at and change?
- What are you willing to do to nurture yourself and your space?
- What commitment can you make to follow through on upgrading your space and your soul self?
- What is not working in your space or in your life?
These are powerful questions and require courage to ask and look at. But I can assure you of one thing. You are not alone and the Universe is a very gracious, loving and healing space.
When you align yourself to this belief and source of power you will be able to do all that you desire. I inspire you to begin to look at your surroundings, to take time to know what you desire and to express this within your spaces. Consciously surround yourself with what you desire to have in your life and in your being and watch new experiences come into your life! Are you ready?
Blessings all ways in your journey.