Qigong is a complementary healing practice when paired with western medicine, and enhances one’s overall wellbeing. Pronounced “chee” – gong, this ancient Chinese healing art develops connections between the physical, mental, and spiritual self. The holistic system includes a variety of different postures and movements combined with regulated deep breathing and an emphasis on the power of energy. Longtime qigong practitioner, Daisy Lee, has released a DVD series aimed at women who are seeking self-care practices and revitalization.
Radiant Lotus Educational DVD Series About Qigong for Women
The videos created by Lee are calming, practical guides for female practitioners with little or no experience with the art of qigong.
Beginner Qigong for Women: Radiant Lotus Qigong Exercises with Daisy Lee (60 minutes) starts with relaxing qigong movements (shaking and cupping) that help relax muscles and joints and ease the student into the hour-long routine. Lee’s video is a perfect fit for any age: because the exercises are gentle the focus is more on stretching and loosening muscles rather than high-impact stress-training to increase muscle mass.
Because qigong also includes an “inner” aspect of the exercise, Lee skillfully encourages students to harness the energy of the mind and spirit and incorporate that into the physical component.
Leading students through self-massage and release exercises, vibrational sound healing, and a concluding meditation, Lee does a thorough job of presenting the overall basics of qigong for female practitioners. The routines she demonstrates help reduce stress and promote relaxation, and even help rebalance the hormonal and physiological systems.
A favorable follow-up video, Lee’s Beginner Qigong for Women: Radiant Lotus Medical Qigong Forms with Daisy Lee (60 minutes) expands on the basics reviewed in her first video. She explains the methods for the revitalization of a woman’s body, mind, and spirit to provide effective anti-aging routines. A combination of balancing techniques and appreciation for the feminine energy means a woman of any age will feel refreshed after following Lee’s soothing qigong routines.
Benefits of Qigong
Lee describes qigong as “the art of cultivating life force energy for radiant health.” Here are just a few of the benefits of this ancient practice:
- Qigong benefits people who live with chronic health issues by promoting inner calmness. As a reliable stress reliever, qigong assists with relieving confusion, anxiety, and even anger.
- This ancient healing art loosens muscles because it focuses on building power within the self. Relaxed power allows energy to flow through the body easier.
- Qigong is known to work oxygen deep into the tissues through the deep breathing and energy movement techniques, so improves a student’s cardio function.
- One’s vascular health also improves because qigong improves circulation and increases the elasticity of blood vessels.
- By promoting better balance and relaxed movement, qigong can prevent injury to joints, ligaments, and bones.
- The energized lymph system boosts the immune system and helps with recovery from athletic injuries or surgical procedures.
- People who practice qigong improve their metabolism.
- Qigong is also known for improving one’s creative capacity alongside mental clarity.
About Daisy Lee
Daisy Lee (founder of Radiant Lotus Qigong) is a long term student and practitioner of the ancient healing art of qigong. She has achieved a Level III Advanced Qigong certification from the National Qigong Association of America. Lee has worked with a vast array of students, including professionals, youths, the elderly, athletes, caregivers, male and female audiences. It is with women where Lee has developed a particular style of qigong to benefit those seeking self-care and self-healing from specific female-related issues, such as menstrual and hormonal imbalances, emotional swings, menopause symptoms, memory fog or loss, and more.
To learn more, please click >